After another productive meeting at SURFsara’s HQ at Amsterdam Science Park, we came up with a following roadmap for the upcoming 8 weeks. As some of our users know, the back-end may be a bit unreliable, and for a small number of kits, this may not be such a problem, but once we grow into an all-pervasive multi-zillion IoT conglomerate that would become problematic.
- At the end of the sprint, we demonstrate sending traffic in both directions between a client and the server.
- Deploy the initial version of the Kubernetes cluster with MQTT server, Kafka, InfluxDB and Grafana.
- Make a plan for the kit configuration management and data model.
- At the end of the sprint, we demonstrate sending sensor measurements to the server and actuating devices on the kit.
- Connect a kit with peripherals to the server and test data pipelines.
- Further improve the functional layer, including end points for external apps.
- At the end of the sprint, we demonstrate uploading different configurations to the kits.
- Work on the management layer based on the plans/inputs from the previous sprints.
- At the end of the sprint, we demonstrate managing multiple kits and performing different studies in a secure way.
- Improve the security and the management of the whole platform.
The work is done in collaboration with SURFsara, carried out by David Salek and our team, especially Thomas Churchman.